Pity party table for one, please

Friday, August 7, 2009

Okay, it is definitely in the water. People all around me have gotten pregnant, and now they're having showers. I've gotten four invites this week alone, and several came in the mail in previous weeks. Normally, I'm good with showering my friends and their unborn babies with love. I do feel that tinge of envy, but I don't usually get all sad. Today is a little different.

I had a rough week at work where it felt that with every up there was someone to just shove me back down. Thanks for that! So when I went through the mail when I got home and saw another baby shower invite, it was enough to almost put me over the edge. I should be happy for my friends, right? I shouldn't feel sad, and I feel a bit guilty for feeling sad - not a good mix.

Tomorrow I'll be okay, but tonight it's pity party time. I've sent the Hubs out for food, and the pajamas are already on. Now to find a sappy movie on tv and the night is complete.

1 comments:

ap August 8, 2009 at 10:19 PM  

Pity parties are needed sometimes. I feel ya. I have a post that is almost identical. Check out "When It Rains...It Pours" from October 08. Baby showers totally suck. Thinking of you. :)

Post a Comment