What a week! At least it sort of kept my mind of the two week wait

Saturday, December 19, 2009

It's been a long week. I was out of town for work, which I don't talk about on here for a reason. Let's just say it was a week of long days in a conference room. Needless to say, I was pretty tired when I got home on Thursday night. I was happy to see the Hubs and the Taiders though. I think they were glad to have me back, too.

We were supposed to head to Chattanooga to visit my grandparents on Saturday, but I woke with a sore throat and some aches. I don't have a fever, but I figured it would be best to stay away from the old folks. It could just be that I'm worn out from the week, and I'm hoping that is all it is.

On another note, I'm currently in my two week wait before AF is supposed to show up. Every month I hope she misses her monthly visit and stays away for nine months, and every month she rears her ugly head. This month there have been some changes. Ever since the Hubs and I met with our RE and he told us the news, we've been taking some pills. They are mostly vitamins, and they are supposed to help our molecules. At least that's what the doc said. I take four pills a day plus one and a half baby Tylenol, and the Hubs takes four pills a day. We're hopeful that the drugs help our molecules so much that we get pregnant on our own. The Hubs is excited about this prospect because it is a lot cheaper this way.

So during this two week wait, I keep thinking that maybe, just maybe, our molecules and cells are going to cooperate with us. I'm looking out for symptoms and counting down the days.

One thing I've noticed is slight cramping. It's not super painful like my AF cramps, but they are a bit uncomfortable. I posted about it on Twitter, and someone mentioned that maybe it's implantation cramping. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but I can't get that thought out of my head. Stay calm, Becc. Don't get too excited. I could have just eaten some bad Mexican food or something. The thing is that they've lasted a few days off and on. There haven't been any other signs other than tiredness, but I don't count that. It has been a long week.

So here's hoping but not getting my hopes up. That's really hard to do, you know?

2 comments:

Anonymous,  December 19, 2009 at 10:02 PM  

Fingers are crossed for you. Sending lots of good vibes your way.

Anonymous,  December 23, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

I know exactly what you mean. During each 2ww I tend to analyze EVERYTHING no matter how hard I try to not to. On the other hand, I also tend to think that as long as I have hope, I have something and hope keeps me a bit more optimistic. Sure, I might bawl like a 2 year old who's had a toy taken away when AF shows but it's the hope that has kept me going for almost 3 years.

I'm hoping and praying that the vitamins work for y'all! WOuldn't it be awesome if they did?!

Post a Comment