Final day of boot camp

Monday, November 2, 2009

It's not technically the final day, but Wednesdays work out is just a test to see how far we've come since the first day. I have to say, I'm proud of myself. It was tough getting up three times a week to drive downtown to go get my butt kicked, but I did it with only one day missed. I totally had an excuse for that one day, too. My secret garden had been invaded, and I was feeling a little crampy.

My friend and I decided to do the boot camp to give us a jumpstart to our workouts, and boy, did it ever. I never thought I'd be able to do 30 flights of stairs, but today I did! I also never thought I'd be able to do real push-ups, and today I did (well, the girl kind, but still). The weight hasn't just melted off, but I can definitely tell that I've gotten tighten. My clothes fit better and I might have even gained a little definition in my muscles.

So yah for me! On Wednesday, I'm excited to see how far I've come, how fast I can run up those steps, how many push-ups I can do in a minute and how long I can hold a plank. There should definitely be improvement.

I just have to keep it going. I plan on going back to my regular gym after this, but my struggle will be to keep up the intensity. There are not many steps at my regular gym so stairs will be out, but I can probably run some hills outside until it gets too cold. I can also keep doing my sit-ups, lunges and squats.

Why do I keep wanting to put an "e" on the end of that word? It's not spelled squate, silly.

Anyway, my goal is to keep that sweat going. Since my shirt is soaked after a good boot camp workout, I'm hoping to do the same on my own. A good sweat in the morning is a good thing, so if anyone has any ideas on how I can keep up with things, please feel free to share.

1 comments:

El November 3, 2009 at 6:24 AM  

You are my inspiration, so whatever works for you I follow - let me know what great idea you come up with!

Post a Comment