A Bathroom Visit and Autograph Seekers

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Today, after lunch at Oak Bar at The Hermitage Hotel, I had to go look. After making sure the coast was clear, all of us went in. Where you ask did I happen to go? Only one of the best bathrooms in the state. Nay...the country!



This green and black bathroom was voted the best bathroom in the country by an online vote, and since then the men's bathroom has been visited by thousands of guests - both men and women.
I have to say it was pretty fancy.

Another interesting thing I got to see today were several grown men standing on the other side of the street from the hotel waiting to get autographs. As the only five-star hotel in Nashville, lots of famous people stay there. With the CMA Awards in town, I'm sure there were several talented people spending some time at the hotel. So all day there were several men standing out there waiting. At first I thought they were paparazzi, but they didn't have cameras. I saw them when I got there at 7 a.m., when I went to lunch and when I left at about 6:30 p.m. There numbers grew a bit as the day went on, and some even brought their own props. I saw hats and guitars galore.

I guess I just don't understand this autograph seeking thing. It's just a signature. So to spend all day waiting to get a famous person to sign a piece of paper, a hat or a guitar just seemslike a waste to me, but I guess to each his own.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  November 11, 2009 at 9:35 PM  

Now that is one nice bathroom! When I was in university, our uni. newspaper used to rate the various bathrooms on campus. Let's just say that the 'nicest' there doesn't even compare to this!

Oddly enough too, when I was traveling through the UK, there were plenty of public washrooms that earned the "Loo of the Year" honour! Again, not as nice as this!

Clearly, I've spent too much time in public bathrooms. Also? I need to visit this one to see a truly nice one!

Post a Comment