Sex Ed in Opera Form

Monday, August 24, 2009



For some reason this made me chuckle a little bit. I think because it's been a long day, and because I no longer try to not get pregnant. I also have a kind of sick humor when it comes to sex and stuff like this. I blame my mom. "The talk" was really more of an ongoing conversation starting from when I was about five when she pulled out the nurse textbooks to explain the birds and the bees. She worked in the OB department for years when I was growing up. Everytime a teenager would come in and have a baby, she would give me a talk.

"You know that it doesn't just affect you. A baby changes the life of everyone around you," she would say. "And don't think for a second that you would get to go out and have fun, and I would take care of your baby."

It didn't matter who was around when she gave this speech. My friends even remember it. I guess in the end it worked, but maybe too well...since now I can't even get pregnant when I try.

0 comments:

Post a Comment