I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant

Thursday, July 2, 2009

No, I didn't get rushed to the hospital in labor or have a baby in a bathroom or anything. I am definitely not pregnant. This show though is just hypnotizing. I've actually watched it a few times, and for some reason, I can't change the channel. I just don't get it. How do you not know? Since it's on TLC, it has to be true, but I still just can't believe it.

If you haven't seen the show, it highlights people that have gone into labor and they didn't even know they were pregnant. Some women get rushed to the hospital with horrible cramps, and some, like the last one profiled, gave birth in a bathroom. They also have doctors on the show talking about how it can happen and sometimes there are no symptoms. I guess since I have done research and know way too much about my body and my cycle, I can't even fathom not knowing there was a human being growing in my stomach.

I guess it wouldn't be so bad not knowing. It means you wouldn't have any of the bad symptoms, but it also means you wouldn't have any of the good ones. You wouldn't get to feel the baby move or get to see the heartbeat on the monitor. All those moments you would miss. I guess these people do get the ultimate gift though. They get to bring that precious baby home.

Okay, I really need to turn this show off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment