Always learn something in school...Sunday School that is
Sunday, July 5, 2009
This Sunday was not unlike other Sundays. Our class is filled with other couples our age, and we are in the minority since we don't have kids yet. We just finished up a series on Romans, and this week we watched a video in Rob Bell's NOOMA series, "Trees." In it he plants two trees and discusses how in Genesis there was a tree, and a tree is discussed again in Revelations - the beginning and the end. We live in between these trees but God is forever. He is forever in the past and forever in the future, but for us, what we do with our time in between these trees is what is important. Of course, he sais it way better than that, but I'm just trying to give some background here.
After the video, our class discussed how our lives are just a blip in the entire realm of God, and one day, week, month, year can just be a blip during our lives. When we are enduring something stressful, painful or hurtful, that blip can feel like forever, but it's still a blip. If you look at the big picture that time isn't really that long, but man, it sure does drag on when you're in the middle of it. So I'm hoping this infertility thing is a blip in our lives. The past year and half have gone relatively quickly it feels, but when I think about those two week blocks following the big "O" they seem to drag on forever. I just have to remember that when it finally happens, it will all be worth it. I'll forget about how long we waited and how stressful it was each month and how disappointed I felt each month when our "trying" didn't work out. I'm sure that'll all just melt away.
For some reason I didn't bring up any of this in class. I actually don't say much in our Sunday School, but each week I take something away.

0 comments:
Post a Comment