Hub's test day
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
The hubs would totally kill me if he knew I was writing about this, but I have to share. It's my whole over-sharing thing coming to light again. So here it is...the Hubs went and got his little swimmers tested today. Way back in March (after a year of trying), we made a deal - if we are unpregnated by his June yearly check up, he was going to visit the sperm doctor.
It's June, and he kept his end of the bargain. He went for his yearly checkup with the general doctor last week, and she set him up with a urologist, which he went to yesterday. Since the urologist wasn't set up to take donations for testing, he had to go to another place today to make his deposit. My sweet, sweet Hubs had to suffer through three doctor's offices in a week. Poor guy. He did tell me that the urologist told him it was probably all my fault. Isn't that nice? He supposedly said that 60% of the time it is the female, 20% it's the male, and 20% it's both. So in Hub's head he decided that there is a 70% chance that it's all on me. Of course, he wasn't mean about it, and I think he was just kidding with me. I told him before he went that it was probably all me because of the thyroid and elevated insulin, but I still would like him to have to do some testing. I shouldn't be the only one, right?
The results won't be back until Tuesday, but he was already coming up with excuses why any results could be off. We highly doubt they are, but you never know. Since the Hubs has a fear of daughters, he has told his soldiers to only shoot Ys. So, of course, if his count is low that is why. He's only shooting half a load because the Xs are left out. I don't think it works that way, but whatever makes him happy.

1 comments:
If it makes him feel any better...my Nick went Tuesday to "update his information." I made him go to the office, because I don't want any anxiety to get in the way the day of our retreival. He said it wasn't all that bad...we actually laughed about it afterward. Of course...he is completely normal. Annoying yet comforting at the same time.
Post a Comment