Diagnosis: PCOS
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
I visited with the doctor today, and it was a good visit. I have a diagnosis - PCOS. Now this isn't anything terminal or even something that can make me feel really bad. It just means that I'm a bit out of whack.
Right now I'm trying to work on it through diet and exercise. My doctor did prescribe me some meds, but since I already take a pill for my thyroid, I'd rather not have to take more pills. So for the next few months, I'm hoping for those 30-day cycles to continue on. That would be a sign that things are maybe working themselves out. My doctor said that we could watch the cycles for a couple months, and if I felt like taking the pills I could. If after about six months there is still no progress in the baby-making situation, I would probably need to go see a specialist.
I feel good about this. I feel like we're moving forward, and I will be continuing on my path of no carbs and exercise. The 30-day cycle isn't the only thing that's shown improvement...I've lost 25 pounds!

1 comments:
Fantastic on the weight loss! Keep it up! You are my inspiration. It is true that diet and exercise truly can help with the PCOS. Way to go!
Post a Comment