Friday night

Friday, January 23, 2009

So it's almost 9 on a Friday night, and I'm sitting in front of my tv catching up on my shows and contemplating what to do this weekend. What I want to do is nothing, but I'm trying to get motivated.
It's been a long week. Work was rough with lots of things going on and lots of people needing things right then, while I waited on people for things I needed the day before. It's all a big cycle really. Now I don't want to seem like I only complain about work. I do like my job. I like the rush of winning (even though that hasn't been happening lately). I love when I pitch an idea and one of the higher ups loves it. I actually don't even mind the deadlines. I work well on deadlines. Give me a timeframe, and I'll get it done. Even give me a short timeframe, and I'll rock it out. I sometimes think I'm a freak that strives on that stuff.
Now it's the weekend. I'll probably do a little work tomorrow, but that's just so I can get ahead for the next week. What I'm trying to get motivated to do is to go join the local recreation center. See I didn't want to call it a New Year's resolution because those just seem jinxed. So let's just call it a new goal to go along with my other goals. And this new goal is to get healthier. That includes both losing weight and gaining strength. I figure while I'm working towards my goal of getting prego, I'll spend time getting healthy. I'm trying to change my eating habits and tomorrow off to the gym. Now I know it'll be a slow process. I'm not expecting massive changes quickly, but even small changes like an inch off my waist, more energy, not running out of breath when I go up multiple flights of stairs would be nice. Those are the kinds of changes I want. I also figure it can't hurt my efforts for my other goal. A healthier body has to to help in that process, right? And then once that goal is reached, I'll need a healthy body to keep up with a little one :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment