Garage Sale to Make a Baby
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
If you follow me over on Conceive Online and/or read my posts here, you probably know that we have been trying to have a baby for a while now. We just recently found out that the chances of us having a baby naturally our pretty slim to none, and our best bet is to go through fertility treatment. Well, that's not cheap.
So I'm thinking of having a sale - a big 'ol garage sale. I got the idea from my dear friend over at Will Work for IVF. She had a sale to raise money for her IVF treatment, and now she's pregnant!
I know we have plenty of stuff we can get rid of, but I still have to talk it over with the Hubs. He does not tend to let go of things easily. I mean he still has a shiny Raiders jacket in the closet as well as sweaters from high school. Since they are more than 20 years old, he is not allowed to wear them outside the house. Heck, I got him to paint in his jorts just so he would stop wearing them out in public. I think having a garage/yard sale would help two-fold. We'd clean out our house as well as hopefully, make a little money. I know it would be hard work, but it would possibly make a little dent in our baby fund.
Like I said, I still need to discuss it with the Hubs, but does anyone out there have ideas on how to pull this off? Words of advice? Lessons learned? Tips and/or tricks?

2 comments:
DO IT! I swear it is totally worth it! Ask friends/family to donate...I was overwhelmed at how generous everyone was...completely amazing! But start collecting early...it can be somewhat of a long process. We can chat about it more if you want! I am so excited for you guys!
I LOVE this. I say go for it!! Every little bit can help towards the cost for IF treatments - and I can definitely relate to the money being a big concern (and roadblock). Can't wait to hear how it goes!!
Post a Comment