First reactions from Project Runway
Thursday, November 19, 2009
First off, I almost forgot to post, which would have been horrendous since I've made it this far in the 30 Posts in 30 Days challenge. I was just working away and didn't even realize I was running out of time to get a post in today. Here I am though! I won't be beat by this challenge.
Shooo...now on to the meat of it. I just watched the final episode of this season's Project Runway, and all I have to say is "WHAT?" Read no further if you don't want to know who won yet.
Now granted I'm not some fashion queen that sports the latest styles of the biggest names, but I just don't get the decision. Irina? Really? Her clothes were depressing and the hats were silly looking. One of them looked like a shark fin. No one would wear that.
And the t-shirt? Over on one of my favorite blogs Tom and Lorenzo, they brought up an interesting point - Plagirism! Dum Dum Dum! It seems as though the words that Irina used to describe why you should love New York had been previously published in New York Magazine. I won't go into too much detail about it because you can read their post here. So it'll be interesting how Project Runway sweeps this one under the rug.
Althea's collection was okay. Nothing really jumped out at me, but it didn't make me want to kill myself like Irina's did. I sort of thought the one sweater with the straps was a little early 90s-esque, but everything seems to be coming back around, doesn't it?
Now on to my favorite - Carol Hannah. First off, I would so wear her clothes! They just look lovely and fun, and that's how I pick my clothes. And guess what? She used color! The 13th look was great. She put that draped dress together in two days, which I find amazing. I just loved her collection, and I want to own her clothes.
Like I said, I'm no fashion expert, but from this lady down in Tennessee, I don't agree with the choice. I am looking forward to the next season though. This past group was a little so-so, which could have been from the uninspiring challenges, and I'm hoping that this next season steps it up. In the words of Tim, I hope they "make it work."
And to finish off my Project Runway rant, I want to end on a funny note from what I believe was the best season so far. I give you "What Happened to Andrae."

0 comments:
Post a Comment