It's in the water...just not the water I've been drinking
Sunday, March 8, 2009
So first off, I haven't posted in awhile. I tried to post using my phone, but that takes forever. The past month or so has been ridiculously crazy. I'm not talking about just busy but plain ridiculous. I've been pulling in massive amounts of overtime at work, and people are stressing me out. Everyone needs a proposal or a resume or project information right now. Not in a week or two but right now. The overtime pay is nice though since Nick just got cut back to 32 hours a week at work. I'm just happy he still has a job. I keep telling him it could be much much worse.
This bring me to baby...no positives to report on that end. I am trying to take some kind of control back. Like I said that work has been ridiculously crazy and I've been completely stressed out, I'm trying to do other things to counteract that. I went and got my first massage last week. It was o-mazing! I've also been working on with some friends in the morning. Yep, before work. We get to the gym at like 5 in the morning, which some say is nuts, but it's really the only time we can go. I figure if I start healthy behaviors like this, it might help me on the baby front.
I just reconnected, via facebook, with a friend of mine from college (Hi Amy!). She's also working on getting pregnant and has been at it longer than we have. She commented on her blog about how she is surrounded by pregnant people. I completely understand. I work in a department of 17 people, and two are pregnant. I know of several others at work as well. Now I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but the two in my department are tough. Being in such a small department, we're a pretty close group. I get to hear about their complaints and their joys every day. I try to stay cheerful and supportive, but I'm a bit jealous. I can't help it.
Most of my friends have babies, and some are even on number two and three. I love hanging out with them, but I feel like I'm missing something. When all of them get together they can discuss fun things like when their baby walked and talked and funny poop stories. I've got nothing. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for all my friends. I just long to be in that club, to be able to talk about changing diapers and projectile vomit and all the cute stuff too.
One day we'll be there. I'm starting to do my research on our options, and I'm hoping to talk to my doc soon. The process continues...maybe I should drink more water.

0 comments:
Post a Comment